Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What Can the Lab Do For You?

So, we've had about four or five Labs now and I think its time we take a look at things and figure out how to improve it and make it more useful for everyone. I think this blog is probably the best way to get this discussion started. I think we'll shoot for the next Lab to be in a couple of weeks (April 15) so that'll give us some time to adjust things if we need to.

Here are some questions for the group...please take a couple of minutes and jot down some thoughts in the comments below.

1. Do we like the Wednesday 6:30-8:30 slot? Originally, we were thinking of moving the day and time around, but we decided to settle on a permanent slot. Do we still think thats the way to go? Should we go to some sort of RSVP system so we know how many people to expect?

2. Space rentals. We've tried a couple of different places and I think, generally, we're looking at about $40 for two hours. We could explore doing these in someone's apartment (if its big enough). Otherwise, we may need to go to a dues system to make sure no one gets stuck with the bill. Open to all ideas/suggestions on how to make this work.

3. Probably the most important question...what kind of things do we want to do? So far, most of what we've done has been readings of original work. Last Lab we did an on camera auditioning thing, which was incredibly useful and we could probably do it again (now that we know how to make that work). A lot of you have shared ideas with me on things you'd like to do, so lets go ahead and have that discussion here. What would you like to the Lab to do?

Thanks...and I look forward to reading the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment